Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chewy Bars

Chewy Bars--definitely something good
Due to a number of requests for the Chewy Bar recipe, I've decided to post it next. However, I will say that the recipe is on the box. This is not an original recipe of mine or even a from scratch recipe, but they're so good that everyone thinks it must be a family secret. I have an aunt who is famous for making Chewy Bars, but she'll also tell you, "it's on the box." I guess the secret is which box: JIFFY Golden Yellow cake mix. Now the secret is out....

Chewy Bars
1 package JIFFY Golden Yellow Cake Mix
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon butter, softened
1 Tablespoon corn syrup
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 egg
1 Tablespoon water
2 Tablespoons flour
  • Preheat oven to 350*.
  • Grease an 8 inch square pan.
  • In a small bowl, blend all ingredients.
  • Spread in prepared pan.
  • Bake 25-30 minutes.
  • Cool and cut into bars.
Notes: I usually double the chocolate chips--sometimes I even triple them if I'm in a chocolatey mood. You can double the whole recipe and bake in a 9x13 pan, but bake them a little longer, 30-33 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment