Saturday, August 17, 2013

Mojitos - Guest Blogger Matthew Weidner

Mojitos
Guest post by Matthew Weidner.

The drink that comes to my mind when I think of summer is the mojito. I have always been a fan of anything with lime in it, so when I first touched my lips on this drink in the Dominican I was instantly in love. This drink can easily be tailored to an individual's taste by adjusting the ingredients. I like it with a little extra rum.

Mojitos
10-12 Mint Leaves
1/2 Lime, Cut into 4 Wedges
1 oz Simple Syrup
1 1/2 oz Light Rum
Club Soda
12 oz Glass
Crushed Ice

Muddle the mint leaves and limes in the bottom of the glass, fill glass 1/2 full of crushed ice, add the simple syrup and rum, and then give the mixture a good stir. Add more crushed ice until the glass is about 3/4 full, top with club soda and give another stir. You want to avoid stirring too much or the mint will come to the top and you will be picking mint leaves out of your teeth as you drink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment